Some things I read that I enjoyed this week:
- The 30-Year Mortgage is an Intrinsically Toxic Product
- Again, more insight into the mortgage market
- How Managing By Moonshot Doomed Zillow’s Home Flipping
- Carry costs, executive misalignment, etc. Insightful for my own work experience.
- Single Threaded Leadership at Amazon
- “In organizations where every decision is reviewed at multiple levels, there is little incentive to think deeply about a problem, and teams will rely on managers as safety gates, reducing the team ownership of the product. Furthermore, since the team is directly connected to the outcome of their decisions, it creates a powerful feedback loop, improving the team’s decision-making skills.“